Combined Liability Insurance
Prizm Solutions can provide bespoke insurance liability coverage for any business operating in Staffordshire, the West Midlands or anywhere in the United Kingdom.
Employers Liability Insurance is one of the few compulsory insurances businesses operating in the UK must have. Public Liability Insurance is another compulsory insurance but it’s only compulsory if you operate a horse riding establishment, operate a nuclear establishment or own or keep dangerous animals.
The Combined Liability cover we provide is always tailor-made to the individual requirements of your business, and could include but is not limited to insurance for:
- Employers Liability Insurance – this is compulsory if your company has more than one director and/or has PAYE employees and/or casual or voluntary labour. If you are an employer with a business you are legally obliged to have Employers’ Liability insurance. You can be fined up to £2,500 for every day you do not have appropriate insurance in place. Employers liability insurance covers the cost of compensation for injury and/or illness to employees and any associated legal fees
- Public Liability Insurance – this covers the cost of claims made by members of the public for incidents that occur in connection with your business activities. Public liability insurance covers the cost of compensation for; personal injuries; death and loss of or damage to other people’s property. Cover will include statutory liability arising from the Defective Premises Act 1972 and the Occupiers’ Liability Act 1984 and can be extended to cover work away anywhere in the world
- Products Liability Insurance – an extension to Public Liability Insurance which covers your business against injury or damage to property arising out of any product you supply. This is particularly relevant to business who import goods from outside the EU as the Consumer Protection Act 1987 imposes a strict liability on product producers and crucially this defines a producer as being any person who has imported product from outside the EU who in the course of their business then supplies it to another
- Environmental Liability Insurance– a specialist type of Public Liability Insurance insomuch it covers pollution contamination damage. A sudden accidental pollution incident is normally covered under ‘normal’ Public Liability insurance, but if the cause has been gradual or ongoing over a period, then this is excluded from a standard policy and the only way you would be covered would be if you had this type of policy. For examples of legislation which affect businesses, have a look at the Environment Agency website
- Product Recall Insurance – if a product has been found to be dangerous after it has gone on sale, then it may be necessary to withdraw or recall it and this type of policy is there to cover the consequential costs incurred
- Directors Liability Insurance – As a director, the law says you have unlimited liability to your company, shareholders, employees, creditors, the public and to certain government agencies, the Health & Safety Executive being just one example. Directors Liability is paid for by your company and it protects all of the directors personally yet it is not classed as a benefit in kind. An example of recent changes making directors even more personally accountable can be found in the Small Business Enterprise & Employment Act 2015
Discounts are available for well run and established businesses especially those companies who have the following in place:
- Full Health & Safety Policy with an ongoing contract with an IOSH registered consultant
- Proof of 5 years claims free insurance
Public Liability Insurance is another compulsory insurance that UK businesses must have. Please visit our Public Liability Insurance page for more information or talk to one of our team.
What makes us different from most brokers offering combined liability insurance is that in most cases we don’t take a commission from the insurance companies for placing the business with them. Instead, we prefer to work on a fee basis so that our earnings are transparent which we feel is more ethical.
If you are a Director or Proprietor of a business you can be assured of our expert advice and knowledge of your business sector. Please contact us to arrange a call back or send us an email if you would like a quotation. Insurance can be complicated, let us take the hassle away from you and make sure you are properly insured. We look forward to talking to you.
Would you like a quote or to find out more?
We’re happy to give you a call back, fill in the form below and we will be in touch a.s.a.p