Engineering Inspection Insurance
The terrible working conditions of the Industrial Revolution directly resulted in the introduction of Health & Safety legislation which has gradually increased over the years to provide protection for both members of the public and employees. As the premier insurance broker in Tamworth being up to date on all aspects of Health & Safety is a key function of our role in giving expert insurance advice to local businesses.
Insurance companies have for over one hundred years provided an Engineering Inspection service to help businesses remain compliant and to assist them in operating within the law. We can provide help and advice and arrange Engineering Inspection Insurance.
It is very common for businesses to use their servicing and maintenance companies to undertake the inspection service but it should be performed by an independent organisation. This is why we recommend either a UKAS accredited specialist company or an actual insurer such as Allianz, HSB Engineering or Zurich, safe in the knowledge they have the resources to do the Engineering Inspection service properly and are always going to be there!
We can help with providing inspections in all types of workplace. Examples of the types of equipment which needs inspecting include;
- Escalators – not less than every 6 months, as per Workplace (Health, Safety & Welfare) Regulations 1992
- Cranes – not less than every 12 months, as per PUWER and LOLER
- Fork Lift Trucks – not less than every 6 or 12 months, as per PUWER and LOLER
- Fixed Wiring – not less than every 3 or 5 years, as per EAWR
- Pallet Trucks – not less than every 12 months, as per PUWER
- Fume Cabinets – not less than every 14 months, as per COSHH
- Air Receivers – not less than every 26 months, as per PUWER and PSSR
- Autoclaves – not less than every 14 months, as per PSSR
- Control Panels – not less than every 24 months, as per PUWER and EAWR
- Generators – not less than every 12 months, as per PUWER
- Lorry Mounted Cranes – not less than every 12 months, as per PUWER and LOLER
- Motor Vehicle Lifting Tables – not less than every 6 months, as per PUWER and LOLER
- Spray Booths – not less than every 14 months, as per COSHH
- Injection Moulding Machines – not less than every 12 months, as per PUWER
- Wood Working Machines – not less than every 12 months, as per PUWER
PUWER – Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998
LOLER – Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998
EAWR – Electricity at Work Regulations 1989
COSHH – Control of Substances Hazardous to Health
PSSR – Pressure Systems Safety Regulations 2000
These are just a few specific examples of equipment that requires inspecting and for which you should consider Engineering Inspection Insurance. Legislation can be complex but please remember ignorance is no excuse.
As your insurance broker we don’t expect you to know all about insurance, that’s our job and we assist our clients on a daily basis by advising them on the exact type of insurance they need and arranging the best and most competitively priced policies from the best insurers. And talking of cost, what we do and what makes us different from almost all brokers offering Engineering Inspection Insurance we don’t usually take a commission from the insurance companies for placing the business with them. We think it is more transparent and more ethical to work on a fee basis and you can really be sure that we are suggesting the best insurance for your circumstances, not where we earn the highest level of commission.
If you are in our local area of Tamworth, Sutton Coldfield or Lichfield or further afield in the UK you can be assured of our expert advice and knowledge of the engineering sector. Please click here to arrange a call back or to email us if you would like a quotation.
Would you like a quote or to find out more?
We’re happy to give you a call back, fill in the form below and we will be in touch a.s.a.p