Virtual Assistant Insurance


If you are looking for Virtual Assistant Insurance or you are a Virtual Personal Assistant looking for information on business insurance our friendly experts at Prizm will be able to help you. We can provide bespoke Professional Indemnity & Liability insurance coverage for any Virtual Assistant (also known as VA businesses) operating in the Staffordshire area, or the greater West Midlands and throughout the United Kingdom.

Most insurers struggle with the concept of what a Virtual Assistant or Virtual PA actually is, and also the type of work they do.  It’s very common to see an insurance policy for a VA covering just Secretarial Services or Book-Keeping whereas we know from over a decade of providing Virtual Assistant Insurance that they are multi-talented and can do everything from website design to translation services!

And this is actually really important, because if your policy says you are a Book-Keeper and yet you try and claim in the event of some Marketing work going wrong, then the insurers have every right to decline your claim!!

Therefore you need a Virtual Assistant insurance policy which actually specifies within the business description that you are a ‘Virtual Assistant’ – nothing more, nothing less. 

Our policy does this and also so much more…

  • Interest Free monthly instalments
  • The security of an ‘A’ rated international insurer
  • The option to add Public Liability and Employers Liability to the basic Professional Indemnity policy
  • Premiums starting from just £8 per month

You have the choice of how much Professional Indemnity cover to buy for your Virtual Assistant business, starting from £100,000 (any one claim) and going all the way up to £5 Million per claim!

How much cover should you buy? Have a look at but for peace of mind and to know exactly how much cover you need for your business please contact us by phone or email and we will be happy to help.

You should also consider the following points as they may be really relevant to your Virtual Personal Assistant business;

  • Employers Liability Insurance is one of the few compulsory insurances in the UK – as is Public Liability, but only if you operate a horse riding establishment, operate a nuclear establishment or own/keep dangerous animals! For more information please visit our Employers Liability page.
  • Employers Liability Insurance is compulsory if your company has more than one director and/or has PAYE employees and/or casual or voluntary labour. If you are an employer with a business you are legally obliged to have Employers’ Liability insurance. You can be fined up to £2,500 for every day you do not have appropriate insurance.  This insurance covers the cost of compensation for injury and/or illness to employees and any associated legal fees. If you are in any doubt as to whether or not you need this cover, please contact us or visit our Employers Liability page for more information.
  • Public Liability Insurance covers the cost of claims made by members of the public for incidents that occur in connection with your business activities.  Public liability insurance covers the cost of compensation for; personal injuries; death and loss of or damage to other people’s property. Cover will include statutory liability arising from the Defective Premises Act 1972 and the Occupiers’ Liability Act 1984 and can be extended to cover work away anywhere in the world.  So if you take up an assignment outside of the UK as a one off or if you are going to be doing this on a regular basis, please contact us and we will recommend the best policy for you or visit our Public Liability Insurance page for more information.
  • Cyber Insurance covers your data and your liability, especially with GDPR and the increased onus on businesses to not share information without explicit consent. We can add Cyber onto your existing virtual assistant insurance package – but only if it’s the right thing for you. If not we can offer a ‘stand-alone’ Cyber policy which will have been especially designed for smaller businesses with a minimum premium of £137 per annum.

If you are a Virtual Assistant trading as a sole trader or you are a Director or Owner in a Virtual Personal Assistant business trading as a Limited company you can be assured of our expert advice and knowledge of your business sector.  We are an award winning local insurance broker based in Tamworth and we pride ourselves on our fantastic knowledge and customer service.  No call centres here!  If you click through to our contact us page you will be able to email us to arrange a call back or request a quote or just use the number at the top of this page.  Look forward to talking to you.

Would you like a quote or to find out more?

We’re happy to give you a call back, fill in the form below and we will be in touch a.s.a.p